Traffic-clogged New York City is one of the most beautiful places to ride a motorcycle on. The wind in your face, and no need for a bus or train schedule. Sounds great right? But There is Some downside as well:
Owning a motorcycle In new york does have its pros and cons, so here is a look at both sides
Pros And Cons Of Owning a Motorcycle In NYC
Pros Of Owning Motorcycle In New York
1. The biggest perk is quickness. If you’re on a motorcycle, you will avoid all that sitting in traffic and can get to where you’re going much faster and much easier. This means less time waiting at red lights while everyone slowly inches toward the intersection. It also means making it home from work earlier than your co-workers clogging up subway cars and buses and etc.
2. You will also fit right in the city’s many cycling events with fellow riders of motorcycles, mopeds, or scooters riders, like Bike Expo New York and New York’s Tweed Ride. Seeing others riding eases any fear of bike safety and lets cyclists wave hello to one another.
3. If you’re looking for some style and comfort, motorcycles are the way to go in my opinion. Cars are more about function than flash, but motorcycles can be fun and flashy at the same time. Motorcycles have that cool vintage vibe that New York City just loves. if you dress up your bike with accessories, everyone will think it’s brand-new even though it’s a classic model.
4. Cheap Transportation.
Cons Of Owning a Motorcycle in NYC
1. There is a big reason that motorcycles are less common than cars, and fewer people ride them for work. For one thing, they’re smaller, which means that you can’t go as fast (and it’s harder to find parking).
Some motorcycle models can go up to 80 miles per hour but the average is 70 mph. This might not seem like much of a difference in speed compared with driving a car until you take into account how hard it is to maneuver around other vehicles in the city when you drive in tandem.
2. Also, parking is very expensive in New York City and if your bike takes less space than a car (which most do), then where are you going to leave it? You’d have better luck finding cheap parking.
3. Also, there aren’t that many spots to park a motorcycle in the city, so you might have to rent a garage. Just like with car garages, and it will be way too harder.
4. An NYC motorcycle garage will cost you a pretty penny.
5. And If you live in an apartment, then parking a motorcycle will become a headache. Most Of the buildings don’t have garages and street parking is nonexistent or difficult to find so again a problem
If you’re going to keep the bike at home, expect it to take up a good chunk of space in the living room, or else you’ll be storing it elsewhere (like outside).
7. In the winter season, riding a motorcycle means braving the cold temperatures and wind along with snow and rain. And if you get caught in a storm while you’re riding, so than make sure to turn on your headlights otherwise, New York’s finest will pull you over for not being visible enough.
8. If You live in a city like New York, where Most people own motorcycles for fun instead of transportation, then always wear a helmet regardless of local laws requiring it otherwise.
Riding without a helmet can become a deadly serious matter when taking into account that New York City has some of the most congested streets in America.
So There you have it, the pros and cons of owning a motorcycle in the city. However, if you’re still set on getting one, Just make sure that You take consulting about this with your friend who has a motorcycle so you will have a better idea, if you are thinking of buying one then Good Luck and wear the best.
also read: What state has the best motorcycle roads?
Cost to Park a Motorcycle in Nyc
This question cannot be answered in a straight line. The price for motorcycle parking in New York City varies by the garage, but rates on average start at $100-$200 per month.
By getting referrals from friends, you can find a good motorcycle parking garage. and keep in mind that once you find a parking garage for your motorcycle make sure to lock it at all times because there are thieves who come around looking to steal motorcycles.
Is New York Motorcycle Friendly?
New York City is mostly motorcycle friendly. Take care to obey the traffic laws and ride responsibly! and always wear a helmet. In New York City, as long as you have a motorcycle license from another state and proof of insurance,
you don’t need to take a motorcycle course or test. If you own a motorcycle, make sure it’s insured at all times.
also read: Best Motorcycle Touring Accessories
Motorcycle Insurance Cost in New York
The cost of motorcycle insurance depends on many factors, including your driving history, the type and value of your motorcycle, and where you live. On average it ranges from $250-$700 per year with higher rates for younger drivers.
the best way to save money on motorcycle insurance is by shopping around at lots of different insurance companies. this will give you the best rates.
Do Motorcycles Get Stolen in Nyc?
YES! A lot of motorcycles get stolen in New York City each year. So if you buy one, make sure to buy a disc lock and chain and always park inside a garage or in an attended lot where the owner keeps security cameras with footage that is monitored by security guards at all times.
Is It Legal for Motorcycles to Drive on the Sidewalk in New York City?
NO! Motorcycles are not allowed to drive on sidewalks in New York City.
Do I Need a Motorcycle License to Drive in New York City?
Yes, Under the New York Vehicle and Traffic Law, you must should have at least a Class M license or instruction permit to legally operate/use motorcycles or scooters on public roads and highways. if you don’t have a license you will be fined by the police.
Motorcycles Cost in Nyc
Motorcycles are expensive In NYC, but not as expensive as cars right? Prices range anywhere from $5000 to $50,000 depending on the model and condition of the bike. also depending on the type of motorcycle, accessories, and features it may have.
As for pricing on used bikes, you can find them on Craigslist and other marketplaces online. Also, make sure to read the reviews of the motorcycle so this will help you see what people are saying about different models of motorcycles. so in the end you will have a lot better idea of the motorcycle.
Where Can I Park My Motorcycle in Nyc?
New York City has a large number of garages and lots where motorcycles can be parked. You can review them or you can visit Parkopedia for a list of all the public garages and lots in the city.
If you don’t want to pay for parking, then there is free street parking available but it’s difficult to find. and make sure to read all signs carefully otherwise, you’ll be riding back home with a pricey ticket!
When Do You Have to Wear a Helmet in Ny When You Ride a Bike?
A helmet is a mandatory safety device for all motorcycle riders and passengers in New York State. To legally operate a motorcycle or scooter in New York State, You must have an approved helmet.
The article was for info about Motorcycle in NYC. And if you want more to know in-depth, so I will suggest you consult your friend who has a motorcycle so again this way you will get more information. and I hope this article was helpful for you.
don’t forget to share this article with your friend who has a motorcycle.
If you have any questions feel free to drop them in the comments below.
have a nice day. best luck.