If you are used to buying a used car, then the price of used motorcycles might seem expensive. There are many factors that make used motorcycle prices increase.
First used motorcycle selling is also about selling a product like any other product such as used cars. There are advertising and promotion costs for selling used motorcycles, used motorcycles sellers pay those expenses by selling used motorcycles at a high price. The used motorcycle selling expenses also include motorcycles insurance, motorcycles store renting fees, and so on.
also if you take a look, you can see that used motorcycles usually have high prices because of their rarity. it’s always not the same. There are a lot of things that affect the price of a used motorcycle, such as whether or not its road is legal, mileage, and the condition of the bike.
a specific motorcycle model is can be more expensive if it is still in production and had been discontinued by manufacturers. this is because it’s rarer to find at dealerships, where people can buy easily. also used motorcycles are not always expensive. but if the owner of a used motorcycle takes care of their vehicle then obviously, they will sell it more expensive. if they didn’t take care of their motorcycle then the owner knows that it won’t be sold at a high price.
Considering These Factors Together, We Can Determine Whether Used Motorcycles Will be Expensive
- Advertising and Promotion Costs
- Because Of its Rarity The Motorcycle Can Be Much Expensive
- Good Condition Of The Bike
- Big Names On the Bikes
- Type Of Motorcycle
also, these factors contribute that whether the motorcycle will be expensive or not so let’s see it:
Factors Which Contribute That Used Motorcycle Will Be Expensive Or Cheap
- Condition of the bike: if the conditions of the bike are good the owner knows that the motorcycle will be sold at a high price so most of the time bike owners tried to take care of their bikes. and as a result, they want them to be sold at a high price.
- Big names on the bike: motorcycle brands are known to make high-quality motorcycles; sometimes, these brands are known for making very few of their models. These motorcycles are usually rare and can be expensive.
- How many people want to buy this model: the motorcycle models that only a few people want to buy will cost more than other models because the market for them is so limited.
- type of motorcycle: if a specific type of motorcycle such as sports, standard, or dual-purpose are in high demand, it will cost more.
- Mileage: whether or not a motorcycle has low mileage or high mileage affects the price of that specific motorcycle.
- Also, if you are interested in buying a used motorcycle to get your motorcycle license, then the prices of motorcycles depend on how much time it takes for you to pass your motorcycle driving test. For example, if you are planning to buy a used sports bike or scooter that is easy to ride then it would be cheaper than buying a used standard bike.
What is a good price for a used motorcycle?
it depends on the specific motorcycle. But generally, if you buy a used bike then it usually costs around $3000 to $8000. If you’re looking for a good deal, go somewhere that isn’t too expensive (an affordable region) and also the price you pay should reflect the quality.
also if it’s a good deal then the price shouldn’t be more than a new one.
for a lower end used bike, you can buy a used one for around $2000 to $2500
and higher-end ones would be from about $8000 depending on the model and year.
What is a good mileage to buy a used motorcycle?
Mileage is very important when it comes to the price of a used motorcycle. Generally, you should buy one with fewer miles if possible. If you are planning to use your motorcycle for professional purposes then you need to keep in mind that bikes with higher mileage are cheaper than those who have low mileage.
if you’re looking for a reliable used motorcycle with fewer miles then motorcycles that have a mileage of up to 20,000 are good. also, motorcycles that have a mileage of up to 30,000 miles can be high mileage motorcycles.
or if you want to buy a used motorcycle with the best quality then you need to search for those who have even less than 10,000 miles.
the person who is selling the motorcycle should know that they are selling their motorcycles so you can negotiate.
How do you negotiate the price of a used motorcycle from a dealer?
if you want to negotiate the price of a used motorcycle from a dealer then you should hire. a person who is experienced with buying and selling motorcycles knows how to negotiate well. A person who doesn’t have experience in this regard can feel confused while negotiating the price.
usually, dealers add some percentage to the prices of their used motorcycles. for example, you can think of percent fifteen as a usual markup rate which is quite high compared to the rates of other industries.
This percentage varies from one dealer to another and also depends on several factors such as what kind of motorcycle you want to buy whether it is new or used etc. If you want to negotiate with a dealer then you should know everything about your motorcycle. you must have a clear idea of the current prices which will help you to calculate how much should be cut from the price.
if you want to buy a used motorcycle for under $5000, then the markup rate is usually around 20 percent so it should be cut down from 4500 to 3500. so you only need to negotiate until 350 is cut down from the price.
if a dealer thinks that a particular motorcycle is very cheap and they don’t think it’s worth much, then they might reduce the price even if their markup rate is one hundred percent. But if a dealer thinks your specific motorcycle has a good value and there are not many problems with it then they will not reduce the price.
Here are some tips for negotiation with a motorcycle dealer:
- try to ask good questions about the vehicle so they feel that the person is interested.
- call on the phone so they will think that the person is calling a professional person so they will negotiate the price a lot.
- make yourself clear before anything.
- do not hesitate to ask them questions.
- never show your weaknesses and always maintain a positive attitude so they feel that you have a lot of self-confidence.
- never take the first offer from them.
Negotiating the price of a used motorcycle if you’re buying from a dealer is easy. all you need to do is ask good questions and maintain a positive attitude.
Also, buying motorcycles that have fewer miles on them will be cheaper than those bikes that have high mileage on them.
However, the most important thing to remember is that if you want to purchase a used motorcycle with great quality and durability then you need to search for those motorcycles which have fewer than 10,000 miles on them.
Negotiating the price of a used motorcycle from a dealer is easy. all you need to do is ask good questions and maintain a positive attitude.
I hope this article was useful for you.